What should I do if the skin is sagging due to rapid weight loss?
1. Loose skin can be the result of rapid weight loss or simply be the result of the incorrect weight loss method.
If it’s because of rapid weight loss, you can restore the firmness of your skin. However, if it is because of the incorrect weight loss method, you need to solve the problem of loose skin through fitness.
2. If you lose more than the scientifically recommended 1-2 pounds in a week or 22-44 pounds in 6 months, then you are in the category of rapid weight loss category.
At this time, the speed of skin recovery cannot keep up with the pace of fat loss, resulting in loose skin.
3. If the skin sagging is relatively light, and you are concerned about the appearance and hope to recover quickly, then you can choose micro plastic surgery.
For example, when you look in the mirror, you find that the exposed skin, such as the chin and neck, has some signs of sagging, and you can choose a facelift.
4. You can remove it surgically for severe skin sagging, but this will leave scars, equivalent to exchanging scars for firmer skin.
When large areas of loose skin appear on the thighs, abdomen, arms, and other regions and are often itchy, it is easy to breed bacteria, affecting your daily life. If you want to recover quickly, you need to undergo hospital surgery.
5. If you want neither plastic surgery nor hospital surgery, and you can give your skin more time to recover, then your focus is on long-term skin care.
For example, pay attention to sun protection because the skin’s collagen and elastin are powerless against UV rays, and collagen is mainly responsible for elasticity and firmness in the skin. Eat more fruits. Many fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants and vitamin C, protecting cells from UV damage, neutralizing free radicals, helping synthesize collagen, and improving sagging skin.
6. Don’t rely on healthy food for more collagen.
Although some collagen products claim to supplement collagen, these supplements are broken down into small amino acid molecules in the stomach and digested, with little actual effect on the skin.
7. If your weight loss plan relies primarily on dieting without any weight training, you will lose fat along with muscle loss.
Without muscle to support the skin in place of fat, it sags like a deflated rubber ball.
8. If you want to regain the lost muscles through fitness, you need to strengthen weight training for the area with loose skin and mainly for the strength training of large muscle groups.
Such as chest muscles, back muscles, leg muscles, etc. This is primarily for efficiency reasons. For example, when you train your chest and back, you will drive the muscles of your arms, and when you prepare your hips and legs, your waist and abdominal muscles will also be involved, so this training method is more efficient.
9. You should eat more fish, meat, and soy to supplement protein.
Protein aids muscle recovery, and muscle fills the skin by slowly serving the vacant area where the fat shrinks.
10. Adjust your weight loss method in time if you are still in the weight loss period.
Suppose you are too busy to exercise but want to lose weight, then keep a calorie deficit of 500 calories a day and do not exceed this value. Weight loss is a long-term process, and it is not advisable to lose weight by drastically reducing calories in the short term.
11. You can also choose local massage, which helps restore the skin.
Choose a massage cream with a firming effect, apply it all over the skin after exercising or after a shower, and wipe and massage several times on the areas you are more concerned about.
Enjoyed these tips? Please share!