What should I do if I want to disinfect my living and working environment?
Can I use the same method and disinfectant for different objects?
And what do I need to pay attention to when I do the disinfection work myself?
1. To prevent viruses or bacteria from spreading diseases in your living and working environment, you can disinfect the environment yourself.
You can open the windows for ventilation more than two times, and each time the windows are opened for more than 30 minutes. Opening windows for ventilation can effectively improve indoor air quality, reduce the concentration of viruses and bacteria in the air, and reduce the risk of disease transmission.
2. Wash hands under running water and use hand sanitizer before and after environmental disinfection.
3. The principle of disinfection is to clean first, then disinfect. When an object’s surface or ground is visibly contaminated with body fluids, blood, etc., remove visible contaminants first and then disinfect. When removing visible contaminants, use hygroscopic materials (e.g., old clothing, rags, etc.).
4. If you want to use chlorine disinfectant solution, the concentration is usually 500mg/L. However, if you are in a particular period, such as the period of COVID-19, you should choose a concentration of 1000mg/L.
5. If you want to configure your chlorine-containing disinfectant solution, you can buy chlorine-containing disinfectant tablets (note the amount of active chlorine per tablet) at pharmacies and online shopping platforms and add the right amount of water and disinfectant tablets. It can be used after it is completely dissolved.
6. It should be noted that after the chlorine-containing disinfectant is prepared, it is best to use it within 24 hours. Moreover, masks and gloves should be worn when preparing and using chlorine-containing disinfectants.
7. You must be aware that chlorine-based disinfectants are corrosive to metals, fabrics, and bleach. If you use chlorine-containing disinfectant to disinfect metal, you can wipe it again with clean water after 30 minutes to minimize corrosion.
8. Cleaning and storage of cleaning tools: Clean the rags and mops after use, and soak them in 250mg/L and 500mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant, respectively. After soaking for 30 minutes, rinse the disinfectant and dry it for later use.
9. Disinfection beforehand is essential, but disinfection after the meeting can reduce the risk of cross-infection. High-frequency contact objects such as door handles and elevator buttons must be cleaned and disinfected more frequently.
10. If there are elderly and children in the family, it is recommended that the chlorine-containing disinfection tablets/liquid should be placed in a place that is not easily accessible.
11. If green plants are in the room, it is recommended to place them in an indoor ventilated place, such as the balcony or beside the window.
Enjoyed these tips? Please share!